The Apprentice.
So I have not had much time to watch a lot of "must see" television. So thanks to NBC I have been able to catch up on shows throught their instant view. I also have netflix, so I can watch tv shows and movies instantly if I choose.
The Office is still my all time favorites list...but I have recently been watching The Celebrity Apprentice. It has been VERY good and very entertaining. The last episode I watched, though, had some interesting dynamics. It made me think a lot.
I have a lot of respect for Stephen Baldwin. He is a good guy, though out there, I have read his bio and seen him at Ichthus ect... I admire his tours of Skateboard/Extreme Sports and ministry.
It is a very real and interesting dynamic to have Christianity or Christians on the forefront of discussion on the apprentice. I think it both helps and hurts, but most importantly to me...it brings up the point of faith and work and principles and convictions. The show started with the spy thing, which was hilareous, and when Vinnie came out to honestly help, he was not wanted.
I felt very bad for Vinnie and though he is not as developed as Pierce in a business man sense, I think he had the right call to resign, because everything just blew up in his face and the pieces were many to put back together. I wish him luck though, he is a great heart and will be successful.
I feel that the reactions captured between Pierce and Baldwin were not really manipulated but honest. A lot of people who grow up in the knowledge of Christ don't really know Christ, or at least don't pursue or are not taught how to pursue a relationship with Him. Baldwin does know, but is facing a lot of challenges in this opportunity he has been given. Now I am bias, because I like Baldwin as a person and know a lot about who he is, because I have read his autobiography/testimony.
My point is this. Things were left in an awkward state at the end of the apprentice episode for several reasons...but the boardroom and the war room talks of Christianity expose a lot of cultural trends and expose where we need to have honest dialogue. I really do appreciate how the show remained unbias or did not shun faith/religion in this episode. There was respect and, for once, Christians were treated normal. I feel we are often uphill in a lot of ways in society today.
The cheating thing, I don't think Baldwin did, but I am still debating it. I am still thinking, so that is why I continue to type and rant on, because I still have a lot of thoughts about this episode. Hopefully it will do the same with lots of other people, think about culture and about there faith.
None the less, Pierce is a bright businessman and I think that Hyrda slacked off during this episode. They did not develop a full presentation, but instead were distracted and focused on just a tunnel vision approach. I do think that the economical part of the container was good, but the girls won it for me, as soon as they had the receptical, since we are such a visually stimulated society, especially with icons. Though Trace is a song writer, his slogan was amazing.
The winners here are really Croc. They have a great Slogan and great Receptical.
I'm Out...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment