Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Random Thoughts




Have you heard about people getting sick and almost dying from eating too many Cicadas? I ask my self why would one eat so many Cicadas, or one for that matter? Then I realize this, they have no known natural defenses and are almost a perfect food staple because they live by numbers. Making them attractive morsals for many species. Meaning when they emerge from the ground, they incorporates hundreds to thousands, in order to survive their species. Secondly, if humans are eating them and getting so sick, why are birds, cats, dogs, racoons, opossums, Paul...not getting sick or dying? Then I realize in a significant revelation they are all Canadian. Or maybe its only when you cook the cicadas do certain toxins arise and infect the humans, either way remember that some things are better off as pets than food, like frogs or dogs.

No comments: