Refreshing.
I have never felt more called to be somewhere and God speak to me so regularly, other than we do daily, than at 608 at Southland Christian Church. Every once in a while, I do have issues and dont always agree with everything...but there is something I can only get excited about.
They get it. They understand what the church truly is, as shown in Christ and by the Disciples in the new testament, Acts and all that good stuff. Its the people and the surrender of self. I have studied and dreamed of a church and a movement where the real church would be alive as God is alive now. Speaking the word as said from the Bible and at least trying to live as Godly as they know how. Not necessarily afraid of trendy culture and such...
As I was journaling, this thought came to mind. "It is action ,alive, active...because God still is." There are many churches exploring ways to further Gods kingom, not buckeled down by some doctrine. I am not slamming churches that use doctrine, I am saying that God's word, the Bible, Scripture is the Living Word and will transform. If the church is wholly focused on that, its body and all will come into play.
Churches such as The Vineyard, Crossroads Christian Church, Quest, Immanuel Baptist, North East Christian Church, Southern Acres and so many others are really dwelling in what it means to be alive in the word here in Lexington. So i am not dogging other churches and trying to say be like Southland, if that is ever the case, I will be greatly disappointed. The church is not Southland, but the community in it. People need churches that they have gifts to serve at.
From what I have experienced and everything I have seen from the Spirit and God, Southland is alive with the Spirit. God is doing the most amazing things. Challenging on the gut level and teaching it like the word challenges us and says.
If anyone out there reading this has questions or wants a place to be connected, please let me help. Whether you want something small, or something traditional, modern..whatever. Find somewhere God will speak to you and you are living out his will.
This ties over to the band. We so want to be signed and serve and tour and make connections and relationships, utilizing the gifts given to us. I dont know what the final plan is or where we will be. I do know that we have served pretty well so far, but can do better. We just want the chance...but we truly want Gods will, so if you pray, that would be an awesome thing to pray about. What is God's will for our individual lives...as people, not a band. The band is a tool, our lives and those we reach is the drive and blessing.
I have so many thoughts in my head, I hope it dosn't explode and God will organize them for me. It is so weird when God puts me in these methodical, visionary, inspired states. It's just weird.
I am always amazed by how much I feel alive in Christ. Hope is such a powerful thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Good design!
[url=http://aqavpucj.com/krla/cdhd.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://lccbbcgz.com/odus/zxmy.html]Cool site[/url]
Good design!
[url=http://aqavpucj.com/krla/cdhd.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://lccbbcgz.com/odus/zxmy.html]Cool site[/url]
Well done!
My homepage | Please visit
Good design!
http://aqavpucj.com/krla/cdhd.html | http://stztupvc.com/tbvv/kfia.html
Post a Comment