Thursday, March 29, 2007

My First Official Interview.

My first interview was not bad, but I think I could have done much better. I sat with two great guys, the head IT and head Design guys at buggiesunlimited.com After hearing what they had to say, I actually became really excited. They want to be innovative, original and are/will stay the leader of their business niche.

I desire to be on a team where we can brainstorm, problem sovle and be innovative. So to hear how much the catalog and online sales has boosted the company, the company is in turn investing into those areas. So there would be a lot of opportunity to do some neat things.

The two areas I know I could have done much better were the ever crucial question "what seperates you from the rest of the competition" which I have a preplanned, dynamite response....I happily call it my 30sec commercial. I gave a descent answer, but did not even think to recite my "commercial"

I was tired and not very sharp today and that led to this result, as well as being nervous, since it was my first interview.

The second point was an awesome critique by the head design guy, I am sorry I am not writing it out, im not 100% sure how to spell it. He said he wished I had more practical/realworld pieces in my printed portfolio...and I agree, he has a great point and I am going to work hard on building that up.

Josh and the lead designer were a lot of fun to talk to and I enjoy their passion and drive. They had nothing but good things to say about my design work on websites. Especially thewarriorpit.com and Ichthus.org

I took more than this away and have learned what to work on for sure. It was a great learning experience, but I want to stay in contact with those guys to see how things come along.

No comments: