Reading:
So I have been reading a few different books lately. The UnUsual Suspect by Stephen Baldwin, Wild at Heart by John Eldredge, PHP and MySQL by Larry Ullman and I am going to read The Barbarian Way for my second time, by MacManus.
All these books are awesome and I would recommend them to you. I have learned and grown a great deal from each book.
Web Work:
I am working on my first official paid freelance gig for thewarriorpit.com It is fun, but definitely time consuming. I have set up most all the webmastering aspects and now am looking to start the design phase. The hardest part is choosing whether or not I want to use a CMS or several scripts.
Friends:
Hannah and Josh MacNamara came back in town so I was hanging out with them and several peole I have not seen in a while, like Maupin, Cali, Anna, HannahM, Brooke ect... It was a great weekend. I also went to Joey's Grafitti party, Andy and JP's birthday bash...that was a blast and ran into a lot of old HS friends. Then I watched the UFC fight with Josh Mauney, Seth and the crew, they were very good fights.
School:
I have pretty much caught up with my classes now. I am stressing over my web porfolio class, I can't get settled in on a flash design I like yet. Everything else is going okay. PHP and MySQL class is slow but steady. As long as I pass all my classes, I have been cleared to graduate! I have been very stressed over loan situations, had to apply for loans AGAIN...long annoying story, but everything worked out there.
Spiritual:
After searching for ways to be challenged, grown ect... I have hooked up in a group with Mark and Jacob studying the Bible, books and accountability. It has been a real blessing. The UFC fight had three guys, all of whom won, who were Christians. Two professed their faiths, one said he had just recently accepted Christ. I was first moved by a striker in the IFL who did a short bible study on the ring after his fight. Also, Chuck Norris is now sponsoring the WFL. So I can't wait for the wittnessing and powers of Christ to go to work there. It is amazing.
Political:
War is ugly and I hate it. However, I am very scared about our situations. I do not think we need to go to war with Iran, or North Korea. We do need to finish the job in Iraq and Afghanistan. If we leave, we will have to go back due to threats near Israel, ethnic genocide or because they will start attacking our soil again. Now I could go deep, but I won't in this instant. No one should have to experience war. It changes you and sticks with you...my friends are having to go through that. I dont want to, but I will if I must...I want my family to grow up not having to deal with these issues on the same scale as today.
I watch and listen to a lot of different sources...all tv networks, not so much NBC affiliates, BBC and other world news casts, many government channels and meetings, a whole bunch of military personnell interviews ect... I have facts and ideas based on well rounded resources. I hope you dont trust things at face value in our politics or this war. There is good in it...though much turmoil.
Look for my podcast with special guest Mark Bennett, coming soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm reading Velvet Elvis right now for the first time and I can't believe I've waited so long to read it. I think it's great.
tell me how it is. Wild at Heart is rockn, but lentghty...I am doing the workbook with it as well. I am actually learning some stuff about my self, I am very confident in who I am, but just some other stuff about me.
Post a Comment